Linux on ps3 - corrected

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Aug 9 12:29:14 MDT 2007

Hi Victor:

This is the same person, Kai corrected regarding mp3.

Unfortunately, the whole topic of mp3 and other files is complicated by
how they are registered by their owners/developers as commercial or open
source licenses.  As an example of the nuances involved please refer to
the comments prepared by the developers of Helixplayer.  The developers
(of all open source programs, not just Helixplayer) are themselves
constrained by these licenses also.  It is probably better to refer to
their explanation located here:

https://helixcommunity.org/licenses/

Look further at the section listed on the left column entitled Personal
Use Binaries for what is permitted with Helixplayer.
Perhaps the developers of the other programs which interest you have
something similar.  I'm not sure.

In playing my own CDs which I purchased or remixed I found Amarok with
it's variety of visual plug-ins is quite appealing.

As far as using YDL there are plenty of uses for YDL than for just music
and entertainment.  If you've got a ps3 you can get done some phenomenal
work in all and nearly any of the advanced mathematical and other
sciences especially if your programming skills range anywhere from fair
to extremely advanced.  Also work done in these areas on PowerPC G4 and
G5 Macs remain quite solid using YDL.

Just my $.02.

Best of Luck... Derick