Date problems

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 02:38:01 MDT 2007

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:46:06 +1000 Mark Jeffree <mjeffree at ydl.net>
wrote:

> I don't think this is the same issue as the 7 hour error discussed
> recently.
>
> I have now had YDL up and running for the last two weeks, and while
> the time is correct, the date has been consistently two DAYS wrong.
> (ie It shows two days ago).
>
> I can adjust it (under KDE, right click on the clock at follow the
> menu) and the date will stay correct until the next reboot. In fact I
> can see the date set incorrectly in the startup text just before the
> window manager is started. I can't connect to any of the NTP options
> in that configuration window, so am running on the local clock.
>
> I am in the Sydney, Australia (+10hours) timezone. Has anyone else
> faced this problem?

My PS3 has been running YDL 5.0.2 continuously for about a week.  I
tested the time + date, it was OK.  So I rebooted it just to test the
time. The time + date is still OK.  I am in Brisbane, Australia
timezone, so currently same time as you (+10 hours).

Whenever faced with strange time problems like this, I always suggest
replacing the motherboard battery.  99% of the time that fixes things.
You didn't state what hardware you are running YDL on, so I can't
comment on motherboard issues.