alsaconf in ydl 5.0.2

Paul Higgins higg0008 at tc.umn.edu
Sat Sep 8 17:49:50 MDT 2007

Did you ever get this figured out?  The only thing I can suggest is to use the
"alsamixer" command in a terminal.  Check out the manpage ("man alsamixer" in
a terminal); if you have a printer set up for YDL, use:

$ man -t alsamixer | lp

The alsamixer command will hopefully bring up a bunch of controls for your
soundcard or motherboard sound system.  Alsamixer does not require root
privileges.  Another useful command is "alsactl" (see manpage) which does
require you to be root.

I've found that sometimes I have to use alsamixer to get the basics set up and
then use the "store" command from alsactl to get the sound system working.
Again, see the manpages for more info; these are quite useful and powerful
commands.

-PRH