Cell SDK 2.1 problem

David davec2061 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 16:51:09 MDT 2007

Derek,

The file "make.footer" is definitely no-where on my system.

Returning to my original question, could someone send me the output (if posting is too long) of what I should get when I run the libspe-tests examples at the end of these instructions:

http://www.ydl.net/downloads/enhanced/betas/Cell_SDK_2.1/INSTALL.txt

The most obvious problem I'm having is that when I run the libspe-tests example

./ft

the computer hangs at the following line (yeah, it says it'll take a long
time but it never finishes and returns me to my command prompt)

"Step 9: Load tests (these may take some time)
  a.) lots of threads seqentially. OK."

As for the other examples, some like app_data seem to be ok,
but the outputs of the other test examples are a bit cryptic.

Also if someone could tell me what should be in the directory

/opt/ibm/cell-sdk/prototype/

that would help too.

Thanks,
Dave