The right YDL version for an iMac DV

PeterH5322 peterh5322 at rattlebrain.com
Tue Sep 18 19:33:46 MDT 2007

>All the posts suggests you have to do some magic to get YDL 5.0 to run
>on a G3; looks like 4.0 or 4.1 are your best bets.

Got a perfectly clean install on my (G3) Pismo the other day. From a
5.0.2 DVD, no less.

Previous attempts at installing 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 from CDs on my (G3)
Lombard were unsuccessful, with the PB refusing the DVD media, but
acceptiing the CD media, but hanging near the beginning of the installer.

I would guess G3 installs are catch as catch can. I never had a G4
install fail.