Didn't get a firstboot screen. Alternatives?

Michael michaeljohnson at myway.com
Fri Oct 12 15:46:46 MDT 2007

After my install, the system rebooted, but the FirstBoot screen did not come up. Instead, I was presented a login prompt. Since I was not able to set a user name on the FirstBoot screen, I have none.

I have used the kboot prompt ydltext and ydl480i with the same result.

The prompt does accept the root command using the password set during the installation of ydl, but after than, where do I go and what do I do in order to set the user name and password so I can login and continue?

Thank you,

michael johnson