Backup unit size before starting installation

Nimet, Moustafa Preiss fam.preiss at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:07:20 MDT 2007

HI,
Before I start installing Yellow dog on my PS3, I assume I need to backup the PS3, I have a 60GB version, what size and type of storage device do I need to do that?

Can the backup be done to shared HD on the LAN (via wireless LAN), and how much area will be needed (assuming that I almost haven't played on the PS3, and do not care about saved game data)?

Must the backup unit have to be direct attached to USB?

Or what options do I have regarding attaching HD?

I am thinking about to buy a LAN based HD (maybe wireless) that later on can be shared on the LAN as common storage for the PS3 (YD) and the PC's (after I used it for backup of PS3 and succeeded with the YD installation)
Kind Regards
M.Preiss