Write privilege on OS X partition

mascarasnake dontdrill at comcast.net
Wed Oct 24 08:19:06 MDT 2007

Stephen Thudium wrote:
> If I can't get write privileges on the OS X partition from YDL, the
> workaround would be to read the YDL partition from OS X.
>
> So how do I do that?  How do I mount the YDL partition from OS X?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>
> On Oct 14, 2007, at 12:08 PM, Stephen Thudium wrote:
>
>> How do I get the write privilege on the OS X partition from YDL?
>>
>> I followed the Howto instructions in "Mounting HFS+ partitions" but
>> that only gives me a read privilege.
>>
>> The Howto does mention that "Any changes you make will affect OS X."
>> But that statement appears to be misleading.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve

Hey, Steve:

You might try ext2 File System here:
	<http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsx/>
This should allow you to mount your linux partition on the OSX side.
More than likely, the reason you are only getting read privileges for
your hfs+ partition from linux is because you have journaling enabled.
If you were to set up a non-journaled hfs+ partition, you should be able
to share the partition from either OS, without a third party utility

HTHO