How free is YDL?

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Wed Nov 14 08:41:27 MST 2007

Hi Paulo:

This is the "community support" you are referring to.
IF you decided to buy YDL and pay for installation support services available from TSS directly then you'd be dealing with the commercial version of support.  You can refer to the web page for more details of their other commercial services: yellowdoglinux.com or terrasoftsolutions.com.

Regarding your pursuit of a cd burner, I'm puzzled as to why you are bothering.  According to what is published here (and repeated elsewhere in different ways:

The PS3 will also support CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R formats.

The quote came from here (should you wish to read the article yourself):

http://www.800hightech.com/technical_info.php?cat=5&prod_id=18&subcat=75

You may be able to save yourself some time by referring to your department counselors or advisers to determine whether someone there already has the optimal disks available for YDL; then all you need to work on is preparing the PS3 itself for reformatting and/or other necessary procedures to put YDL onto the PS3 HD.  After the repartitioning is done so that the Game OS is on it's own partition and the other partition is ready to have YDL loaded onto it, then you can proceed with installing YDL onto the PS3.  Be sure to read and download all the necessary instructions from yellowdoglinux.com.

As to public mirrors containing YDL which you can download for free, all that is available here:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/resources/downloads.shtml

Good Luck....