Macbook pro

Edward Montfoort therealsoultrain at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 02:36:05 MST 2008

thanks kai. actually thats what I had in mind, after taking an in-depth
about clustering. For what I could understand about distributed cluster is
that there will be a main machine controlling the other one/ones. Meaning
that the processing capabilities and memory as well I believe, correct me if
wrong please, will be concentrated on one machine only, as if we were
dealing with just one super computer, per say. That's definitely what I am
looking for. I believe Beowoulf in this area might be the one thing I need.
The only part I don't like at all are the issues that may occur between
different Linux variants such as YDL on the PS3 and other Linux Variant on
the macbook pro, for example. But it will be a challenge.

Today when searching for more info on the Cell processor and PS3 I came
across a news about Toshiba saying they were at CES 2008 and presented a
Qosmio G4 with a Intel Core 2 Duo CPU in addition to a Cell chip with four
1.5GHz SPE's. This is one kiss ass laptop and with the cell processor it
would be more than welcome to my
clustering. (This part was just a sigh, never mind :)...)

Thanks for the help so far. Now I know a little bit more that I knew before
:)

Cheers