Connecting YDL to a WEP Network

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:26:18 MST 2008

Hi Zach:

The reason you may find information referring to WEP difficult is because it
is an aged protocol which has been surpassed.  Reading about it in
comparison to modern wireless security systems could be useful for you.
Here's a link:

http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n100684.asp

Now as far as applying it to YDL on the PS3 it is a matter of activating the
wireless software tools within YDL which control the WiFi hardware within
the PS3.  The devil is in the details, as usual, so take your time in
getting the pieces of information you need.  Regarding YDL the references on
this page should be helpful, refer to the section discussing PS Wireless
Networking listed 1 through 5.

Good luck...