newbie wifi/ wpa help

CRAIG HEWITT craig at hewitt8351.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 15:38:52 MST 2008

Hi

I've just installed YDL 6.0 on my ps3 and I have 2 problems.

1.       When I boot I get an error "FATAL  gelic_net not found". It then
boots to the desktop without a problem.

2.       I'm unable to set up wireless networking. I've very carefully
followed the instructions on the website but without success. Is the
gelic_net error connected. I can go online in the game os without a problem.
Also the WPA-supplicant service (which I guess allows wireless networks to
use wpa-psk security) won't start. I get a long list of errors when I go
into services and manually start it. Also even though I've installed the
wpa_supplicant_gui I can't find it in the start menu to use it.

Please help.

Craig