upgrade to 6.0 on a PS3

chengx chengx at ydl.net
Tue Mar 4 21:36:50 MST 2008

I'v asked the similar question before. I think the
short answer is that upgrading between major releases
(such as from 5.0.x to 6.0) is not a good idea and not
officially supported.

BTW, you don't need to reformat the PS3 hard drive.
Simply install the 6.0 over the existing 5 version
partition (i.e. avoid the repartition step under gameos
and later choose clearing all existing linux partition when
installing 6.0).

Hope this helps.
xun