upgrade to 6.0 on a PS3

PeterH5322 peterh5322 at rattlebrain.com
Mon Mar 10 18:19:36 MDT 2008

>Returning to my point, you should still be able to acquire Panther or
>Tiger which runs OS 9 within OS X, and doesn't require a separate OS 9
>partition to do so.  This will instantly address your concern as
>Anaconda only installs to Linux anyway and in the case of implementing
>the x option, would only see one bootable OS X partition.

My main point:

YDL gets hopelessly lost if there is more than two partitions (one being
YDL and the other being any form of MacOS, whether native 9 or any of the
several usable variants of X), and I presented one way to allow booting
into other of the more-than-one MacOS partitions.

As always, the partition into which YDL installs should be an "empty"
partition, intended for a first-time install of YDL, or a previous
install of YDL.

YDL will correctly install into an empty partition on a drive which has
more than one other bootable partitions, but the "X" option cannot be
used to select the partition from which to boot, hence the only
potentially successful options become "L" or "C", and should the optical
drive have a bootable emergency CD which also has a "Startup Device" menu
item, then you may, through the two-step process described, select from
one of the several other bootable partitions.

However, you may lose the YDL dual boot menu, and you may have to
Cmd-Opt-O-F reset the NVRAM to get the dual boot menu back.

I DO run 9.2.2 within 10.4.11 or 10.3.9 or 10.3.9 Server, but some
utilities, such as PCI device or optical device firmware installers,
demand native OS 9.