Bluetooth devices

KyHilBly kyhilbly at 40tnfun.us
Thu May 15 20:39:07 MDT 2008

Is a bluetooth keyboard or mouse supported in YDL 6 on the PS3 or not?  I've looked it up and have gotten "yes" "no" "maybe" etc.
The Bluetooth Manager icon on the Gnome desktop has checkbox to tic for 'discoverable' and I turn on pairing on
my kb and mouse but it never discovers it.  I forgot what command I ran (yep, another newbie!) in the terminal, but
it "saw" my Dell BT mouse but it never worked.  I think I used the 'hidd --search' switch...or something like that.

I did manage to get java installed correctly.  It's ridiculous that you have to type in your life history at IBM.com to d/l the
<bleep!>ing software LoL.  IBM also thought my IP addy was an overseas location and denied me the download at first!
They did send me an email a few hours later apologizing for my "inconveiniance" and gave me a link to finally get it...sheesh!

And Terrasoft instructs you the download the incorrect version of java to install from their HOWTO pages!

I did get my wireless connection working though.

Anyway, what command<s>, console, app or whatever do I need to run to get the BT devices to connect if indeed it is supported?

Thanks!