YDL 6.0 CD Not Found during installation on PS3

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Tue May 27 18:57:25 MDT 2008

Hi Brenton:

Remember there are two different problems (besides all the others I
mentioned briefly):

*  The .iso has to be downloaded perfectly first onto your computer.
You can use SHA1SUM to check that file (MD5SUM is good for checking
the validity of older YDL .isos).  The SHA1SUM value to check against
resides in the file called SHA1SUM.  It is located here:
http://mirror.anl.gov/yellowdog/iso/

Information regarding using SHA1SUM is available within the SHA1SUM
HOWTO located here:  http://mirror.anl.gov/yellowdog/iso/

*  The other problems which can occur have to do with the software
used to burn the DVD perhaps the software isn't using the most
advanced algorithms.  Perhaps the media quality doesn't meet or match
what the DVD drive expects to see.  There's no way to just assume that
a particular vendor's software can burn anything if the DVD drive
doesn't recognize or acknowledge the DVD media as being something it
can work with.

It is extremely difficult for a non-engineer to detemine whether the
hardware or software or both are the sources of the problem.  It's not
impossible, however, just extremely tedious and trying research,
especially if one has no idea where to begin.

The best approach is to make sure that the DVD drive you burn with is
as high quality and flexible regarding it's capacity to read media.
Fortunately there are many places on the web which discuss these kind
of problems relating to the quality of both DVD drive and DVD/CD
media.  You may find reading what is posted on CNET.com useful
regarding these issues.

All the best...