PS3 and IBM Cell SDK v3.0

Ian MacArthur imacarthur at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 16:10:16 MDT 2008

Sorry about this, this is a really noob question...

Were putting together some custom hardware, based on a Cell chip, and
the plan is to use a cluster of PS3's for development platforms...
Anyway, I think I read somewhere that YDL 6.0 comes with the v3.0 IBM
Cell SDK "pre installed" - but now I can't seem to find that page.

So... I guess my question is, does YDL 6.0 incorporate the v3 IDM SDK,
or is it still v2.1 ?

Also (oops, more than one!) my other question is how much of the IBM
SDK is provided? I.e. the IBM compilers (I can do without Fortran
though!) , the LGPL bits from Barcelaona, Dasc, ALF, ... ???

Thanks for any pointers (or URL's) - I'm assuming there's a page
somewhere that explains all this, and I just not finding it!

--
imm