PS3 and IBM Cell SDK v3.0

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Sun Jul 6 15:43:20 MDT 2008

Well, at least that's a beginning.  Your description very loosely
describes a telelcommunication problem between your modem or router and
your computer.  This kind of problem is a lot simpler to resolve.

Review or examine the physical connections to your computer.  With a DSL
router, if you have DSL, make sure that your Ethernet cable is connected
both to the router and your computer firmly.  You can verify this by
sound by listening carefully for a click sound where the plastic
connectors at each end lock or snap into the female or receiving port on
both the router and computer end.

If it's a modem you are using understand that communications via dial-up
will be very slow and updates for YDL or really any Linux distribution
will be affected and be slow as well.

Once the issue of physical connection to your computer has been
resolved, and the red light you describe becomes green - that particular
problem should be resolved.  Then if something else comes up, you can
share it here, ok?

There's no promise of resolution, but maybe I or someone else can
address whatever that future difficulty may be.

All the best...