off list

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Tue Jul 22 05:49:17 MDT 2008

This is the same page everyone must register through to receive mail
appearing on this list.  Should there ever be an interest in ceasing,
modifying or even extracting oneself from participating all one must do
is scroll down lower on the same page where the sentence begins:

To unsubscribe...

Now if you enter nothing but merely press the Unsubscribe or edit
options button you are taken to another page.  In the middle of that
page there is clearly marked label -- Unsubscribe.  If you really do
choose to unsubcribe just click on the only button there --
Unsubscribe.  You will then receive an automated email confirmation that
this is something you indeed want to do, should you continue to choose
to unsubscribe you will only actually be unsubscribed after that point.

What appears to be happening is exactly what Mike explained.  People are
not reading or following through the directions to it's conclusion.  No
one expects an automated mail system to think like a human being right?
So completing directions so that the automated system complies with
one's intention is something easily done.  Press at most two buttons and
one is off the list.

Of course, this brings up Ivan's worry - which Mike never claimed, that
moniker however depends on whatever has been made evident.