G4 Powerbook Wireless

Barry Hembree gbhembree at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 08:26:53 MDT 2008

Hi All,

I recently installed ydl 6.0 on my g4 powerbook. I am having a hard
time getting the wireless interface to work. I followed the
instructions in the various threads but still no luck. Here are the
step I took:

1) bownloaded and compiled the fwcutter program (I have the wired
ethernet connection working)
2) downloaded  wl-4.80.53.0 and extracted into /lib/firmware (I don't
have Mac OS X on my computer anymore)
3) Tried various combination of editing configuration files by hand
and using the network-config app.

I  do get an error message when I try to activate the device as follows:

Error wireless request "Set Mode (8B06)"

any help at this point would be gratly appreciated. I have spent far
too many hours on this.

Thanks
Barry