G4 Powerbook Wireless I finally gotit!!!

Barry Hembree gbhembree at comcast.net
Wed Aug 20 11:58:09 MDT 2008

Derrick,

Sorry for the late reply but I have been away. This is what I think I
have learned:

For PPC Powerbooks you must use the legacy BCM43xx-fwcutter and the
legacy drivers. I have had success with both the drivers provided by
Apple and the BCM versions (wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o).

Once the drivers are installed you have to keep the b43 and the ssb
modules from being loaded (these interfere with the legacy drivers).
You can do this by editing the /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist file and adding

blacklist b43
blacklist ssb

to the end.

When you reboot you should see your wireless card in the network
configuration tool.

It was that simple.

One more question. You indicated that you had WPA working. Can you
tell me how you did that?

Thanks
Barry