[yellowdog-announce] Terra Soft Ships First Yellow Dog Linux Book: Press Release 2001 12/11

Subject: [yellowdog-announce] Terra Soft Ships First Yellow Dog Linux Book: Press Release 2001 12/11
From: Kai Staats (kstaats@terrasoftsolutions.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 11:00:17 MST

TERRA SOFT SHIPS "GETTING STARTED WITH YELLOW DOG LINUX"

Loveland, CO -- 11 December 2001 -- Terra Soft Solutions, Inc., the leading developer of Linux solutions for PowerPC(tm) microprocessors, is pleased to announce shipment of their first book, "Getting Started with Yellow Dog Linux".

For those who are new to Linux or trying Linux on PowerPC for the first time, this book will assist in making the transition from Mac OS to YDL with step-by-step instructions and plenty of screen-shots:

        I. Getting Started: Installation YDL
        II. From Mac OS to YDL

And "Getting Started" takes you into new territory with the basics of system administration:

        III. Power Users: Advanced Topics
        IV. Trouble Shooting
        V. Appendices

"While Linux is very much driven by an online community, sometimes it's comforting to have a book at your side. As Red Hat and other Linux distributions have done before us, we are proud to offer what we hope to be the first of many YDL books," states Kai Staats, CEO and a contributor to 'Getting Started with Yellow Dog Linux.'

"It was a pleasure working with Terra Soft. We learned a great deal in the process of authoring this book. We look forward to being involved in future versions and new publications," states Joshua D. Drake, co-founder Command Prompt.

The YDL book includes the YDL 2.1 Install CD and is available now from Terra Soft's online Store:
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/store/ and will soon be available through Terra Soft's resellers.

About Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
Terra Soft Solutions, Inc. is a leading developer of innovative technologies and provider of integrated HPC solutions for PowerPC Linux. Yellow Dog Linux, the flagship product, has boosted viability of Linux on PowerPC microprocessors. Black Lab Linux provides an HPC node creation and management suite, designed to work with both Apple Macintosh and the Yellow briQ Node, a high-density PowerPC Linux computer.

For more information, visit http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/