[yellowdog-announce] Terra Soft Partners with Kudzu for International Distribution: Press Release 2001 05/24

Subject: [yellowdog-announce] Terra Soft Partners with Kudzu for International Distribution: Press Release 2001 05/24
From: Kai Staats (kstaats@terrasoftsolutions.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 10:55:50 MDT

TERRA SOFT PARTNERS WITH KUDZU FOR INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION

Loveland, CO -- 24 May 2001 -- Terra Soft Solutions, Inc., the leading developer of Linux solutions for PowerPC(tm) microprocessors, is pleased to announce a partnership with Kudzu Enterprises, a new source for software and books, for the distribution of Yellow Dog Linux 2.0.

Kai Staats, co-founder and CEO of Terra Soft states, "Linux is still very new to many Macintosh owners and requires a personal level of support and education. In our ideal situation, a distributor does more than just warehouse product. The distribution model that Kudzu offers is unique, upholding our desire to maintain direct communication with the resellers while successfully moving us into new arenas we were unable to obtain on our own."

Yellow Dog Linux 2.0, available May 29 through both domestic and international resellers world-wide, will bring PowerPC Linux out of the development labs and server rooms into the offices, schools, and homes with a graphical installer, the elegant KDE 2.1, and support for much of the new Apple hardware in addition to most every older PowerPC Macintosh Apple has manufactured.

"We are extremely excited to be the distribution partner for Yellow Dog Linux. Our retailers throughout the world have been continually inquiring about Yellow Dog and we are pleased to now be able to satisfy their requests. Terra Soft has a proven track record and we believe YDL 2.0 will be a very successful addition to our product line," states Darren Finnamore

In addition to the International Distribution Channel that Kudzu has helped build, they have recently established relationships with Fry's Electronics and MicroCenter for the release of YDL 2.0 next week.

About Kudzu
Located in Mineapolis, MN, Kudzu Distribution is a new leading source for software and books. The founders' experience in the software distribution industry provides retailers the best possible line of products available for a variety of platforms including Linux, BSD, Windows and more. Kudzu associated resellers enjoy same day shipping to ensure quick, accurate product delivery.

For more information, email mailto:darren@kudzuenterprises.com or call +01 (952) 947-0822

About Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
Terra Soft Solutions, Inc. is a leading developer of innovative technologies for PowerPC Linux. Yellow Dog Linux, their flagship product, has boosted viability of Linux on PowerPC microprocessors. Black Lab Linux provides an advanced Linux distribution for parallel and embedded computing systems.

For more information, visit http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com