[yellowdog-announce] Yellow Dog Linux, Press Release: 31 March 1999

Kai Staats (kstaats@terraplex.com)
(no date)

Terra Soft Solutions Ships Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server

Fort Collins, Colorado-31 March 1999

Terra Soft Solutions is now shipping their much anticipated Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server for Apple Macintosh PPC and G3 computers.

"We have put a great deal of effort into the Champion Server distribution, providing our customers with the ability to utilize the best hardware and software available--the incredibly fast Apple RISC G3s and the stable, secure Linux operating system," stated Kai Staats, CEO of Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.

Staats continues, "The timing is perfect as Microsoft has, in my opinion, reached its peak, and now the much more capable Linux solution is quickly finding its way into the heart of many companies. The question should no longer be NT or Solaris? but instead Linux on an Intel chip or Linux on a G3? And that's an easy choice. The Apple RISC-based G3s have proven to be of the fastest processors on the planet and Linux the most stable, secure, and cost effective OS available."

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc. of Loveland, CO has developed Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server for the Apple Macintosh PPCs and G3s. YDL is specifically geared toward ISPs and high-end development environments and offers a very real incentive to replace Intel hardware with Apple RISC-based computers.

Dan Burcaw, head developer for Terra Soft Solutions, states "The inclusion of glibc 2.1 brings Champion Server up to par with the popular Linux distributions for Intel. This will allow for a much more rapid movement of Linux software from Intel to Mac, providing the software that users have been waiting for."

"With the availability of rackmount equipment for Apple G3s and with the provision of install support and ongoing technical support, we feel we provide a professional, very competitive solution," Staats concludes.

The Champion Server operates on Apple Macintosh PPC and G3 platforms and now on the iMacs as well with the download of a recently completed installer. Support for the Blue & White boxes is on its way, as just today developers announced the preparation of a limited, yet functional installer. A complete, fully functional installer for Blue & Whites should be available soon.

Terra Soft Solutions provides via their website a variety of products and services, including: CDs, an original install manual, a 3-ring binder, mouse pads and shirts, a unique zipper portfolio case, rackmount equipment, dedicated installation support, and enterprise level technical support.

Terra Soft Solutions is now taking orders online at http://order.yellowdoglinux.com/ and accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Japanese Credit Bureau and can electronically process checks as well. Champion Server 1.0 will be made available for download via FTP mirror sites in just a few days.

About Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
Terra Soft, based in Fort Collins, CO, is the developer of Yellow Dog Linux for Apple Macintosh PPC/G3 computers. Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server, their flagship product, is a highly professional distribution geared toward ISPs and developers.

For more information about Terra Soft Solutions:
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com

Yellow Dog Linux Announce List
 (un)subscribe: http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/ydl_support.html