[yellowdog-announce] Yellow Dog Linux, Press Release: 14 Jan 1999

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 17:56:15 -0700 (MST)

Vital Components for Yellow Dog Linux

Fort Collins, Colorado-14 January 1999

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc. announces that their initial Linux distribution,
YDL Champion Server 1.0, which will ship with the next stable releases of
Linux kernel, version 2.2.0, and GNU C Libraries (glibc), version 2.1.
While TSS originally intended to release mid-January, Kai Staats, President
of TSS, states, "We are determined to create the highest quality, initial
distribution possible. In so doing, we have chosen to delay the release in
favor of including stable versions of the vital, core components."

Since the popular introduction of Yellow Dog Linux to the web, TSS has
gained positive feedback and support from the Internet community--Mac
owners, Linux users, and curious PC owners alike. During the past 4 weeks,
TSS has engaged in the development of a completely database-driven, web
Installation Support system that will allow its customers to benefit from
the knowledge base of previous installation support problems and solutions.

"We are really excited by the development of the TSS Support Manager. We
are working hard to design and impliment a powerful, user-friendly support
system that enables our staff to easily share their experience to our
customers. We believe we can provide faster, more accurate solutions than
a telephone or email-based solution," Staats says.

When orders are placed for products that include Installation Support, the
database will automatically register owners. Upon return to the Support
website, the YDL owners will be asked to complete a pre-support form
concerning their Mac hardware. For non-Support owners, the contents of the
TSS Support Manager will be provided on the YDL website Support Page and
will be updated on a regular basis.

For more information about Yellow Dog Linux, please visit
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com

Terra Firma Design & Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.

 voice (970) 416-9821
 email kstaats@terraplex.com
 website http://www.terraplex.com/