[yellowdog-announce] YDL Champion Server 1.1 to Debut at MacWorld NY: Press Release 5 July 1999

Kai Staats (kstaats@terraplex.com)
(no date)

Loveland, Colorado, 5 July 1999

YDL Champion Server 1.1 to Debut at MacWorld NY

On July 21st Terra Soft Solutions will debut the most professional,
powerful, and complete Linux distribution for PowerPC available: Champion
Server 1.1 offers improvements and updates both anticipated and unexpected,
including Netscape, 10/100Mb ethernet, simplified X setup, and improved
support for iMacs, Blue & Whites, and the '99 "bronze keyboard" PowerBook
G3s as well as the older Apple PowerPCs.

"Since the introduction of Champion Server 1.0 in March, we have received
highly valuable feedback from our customers. And we have listened. With CS
1.1, we responded to both the positive and the negative, and hope to exceed
the expectations of our existing and future customers. This is the product
we envisioned when the concept of Yellow Dog was born," states Kai Staats,
CEO Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.

With Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server 1.1, Terra Soft extends Installation
Support to include X configuration, offers hardware support for certain IBM
RS/6000s, and teams-up with leading companies in the industry (to be
announced). Terra Soft is pleased to continue to work with the Linux for
PowerPC developers group and to receive ongoing support from Apple
Developer Relations.

Some Champion Server 1.1 high-lights include:
 - improved installation routine
 - kernel 2.2.6
 - glibc 2.1.1
 - egcs 1.1.2
 - PostgreSQL 6.5
 - Xconfigurator 4.2.4 (much improved X setup!)
 - KDE 1.1.1
 - GNOME 1.0
 - Netscape 4.6
 - install-ssh 1.0.4
 - XMMS 0.9.1
 - 10/100Mb ethernet support for modern Apple hardware
 - extras such as radiusd-cistron and RC5
 - support for latest systems: iMac, Blue & White G3, and '99 Powerbook G3
 - updated Guide to Installation

Champion Server 1.1 will be made available for purchase on the 26th of July
at http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/ydl_order.html and through YDL
international resellers http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/resellers/.

About Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
Terra Soft, based in Loveland, CO, is the developer of Yellow Dog Linux for
Apple Macintosh G3 and PPC computers. Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server,
their flagship product, is a highly professional distribution geared toward
a wide range of network applications such as ISPs, corporate
intra/extranets, and general web and network servers. Terra Soft has
recently introduced Black Lab Linux, a parallel computing system for
research and development facilities.

For more information about Terra Soft Solutions, visit their website at
www.terrasoftsolutions.com.