[yellowdog-announce] Yellow Dog for IBM RS/6000: Press Release 22 July 99

Kai Staats (kstaats@terraplex.com)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:01:48 -0600 (MDT)

                        YELLOW DOG FOR IBM RS/6000

LOVELAND, Colo., July 20, 1999 . . . Terra Soft Solutions, Inc. announced
the availability of Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server 1.1 optimized for three IBM
RS/6000 products -- the 43P Model 150, a uniprocessor workstation and
entry-level server, the F50 server, with up to four microprocessors, and the
upcoming thin application server, code named Pizzazz.

Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server 1.1, Terra Soft's Linux operating system,
is designed for a wide range of uses including applications used by Internet
service providers, corporate intra/extranets, Web and network servers.

"This represents a significant move for Yellow Dog Linux into a new
market," said Kai Staats, Chief Executive Officer of Terra Soft. "By
teaming with IBM and RS/6000 servers we will be able to offer our product
on one of the industry's top rated platforms."

"We have customers asking for Linux-based solutions on the RS/6000," said Rod
Adkins, IBM RS/6000. "We said earlier this year we would be working with the
Linux community to provide Linux-based solutions on RS/6000, and now we're
beginning to deliver on that promise."

Champion Server 1.1 for RS/6000 will be available for download and
purchase beginning July 26 at www.yellowdoglinux.com for $24.95.
Additional purchase options include Installation Support and an
Installation Guide inside the unique Yellow Dog zipper-portfolio case.

About IBM RS/6000

More than 850,000 IBM RS/6000 systems have been shipped to over
125,000 commercial and technical customers around the world. The RS/6000
family of computers feature IBM RISC-based microprocessors and run AIX,
IBM's UNIX operating system. RS/6000 delivers the industry's most complete
UNIX offerings by combining applications with hardware, software, service
and support for unmatched high availability, scalability, system
management, and performance.

More information on RS/6000 can be found on the Web at
http://www.rs6000.ibm.com.

About Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.

Based in Loveland, CO, TSS is the developer of Yellow Dog Linux for Apple
Macintosh G3, PowerPC, and RS/6000 systems. Champion Server, their flagship
product, is a highly professional distribution geared toward a wide range of
network applications such as ISPs, corporate intra/extranets, Web and network
servers. Terra Soft has recently introduced Black Lab Linux, a
parallel-computing system for research and development facilities.

For more information about Terra Soft Solutions, visit their website at
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com.

Terra Soft contact: Kai Staats, 970-278-9243, kstaats@terraplex.com
IBM contact: Jeff Gluck, 914-766-3839, jgluck@us.ibm.com