[yellowdog-announce] Yellow Dog Linux, Press Release: 5 March 1999

Kai Staats (kstaats@terraplex.com)
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 19:00:03 -0700

Terra Soft Solutions and Marathon Computer Join Forces

Fort Collins, Colorado-5 March 1999

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc., developer of Yellow Dog Linux for Apple Macintosh G3s, today announced an exclusive agreement with Marathon Computer, Inc., manufacturers of rackmount equipment for Apple computers, to offer server racks in concert with YDL Champion Server for Apple Macintosh G3s.

"We have formed a powerful alliance. Those in need of high-end server solutions need look no further than the Yellow Dog Linux website: the fastest hardware, the most reliable OS, and now smart, industry standard rackmount equipment. We believe these are the building blocks of tomorrow's ISPs and development workstations," Kai Staats, CEO, TSS.

David Seymour, General Manager for Marathon Computer states, "This is really exciting for us ... an opportunity to offer a robust combination of software and hardware and bring Apple into the server rooms and labs. We're pleased to be a part of this unique venture."

Until just recently, Apple hardware had not been considered a serious platform from which to build mission critical servers, due in part to "MacOS" as the only operating system made readily available. YDL Champion Server was specifically developed to cause a critical shift in what hardware System Administrators will consider when replacing their Intel-based servers.

A good server may start with a powerful OS, but the next concern is the safe housing, cooling, and ease of maintenance of the hardware. A good rackmount case satisfies these requirements. Staats continues, "Marathon has created an elegant solution for Apple G3s that we will be proud to offer our customers."

For more information about Yellow Dog Linux:
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 (un)subscribe: http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/ydl_support.html

About Marathon Computer, Inc.
Marathon, based in Nashville, TN, is a manufacturer and distributor of rackmount cases for Apple hardware, including: 8500s-9600s, Mac clones, G3s, iMacs, and the new Blue & Whites as well as mounts for monitors, keyboards, and drives. Their entire product line is compliant with the industry standard for rackmount systems. More information may be found at www.marathoncomputer.com.

About Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
Terra Soft, based in Fort Collins, CO, is the developer of Yellow Dog Linux for Apple Macintosh PPC/G3 computers. Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server, their flagship product, is a highly professional distribution geared toward ISPs and developers. It is offered with a printed book, unique binder, and portfolio case. Champion Server is expected to ship by the end of March.