[yellowdog-announce] Yellow Dog Linux, Press Release: 22 March 1999

Kai Staats (kstaats@terraplex.com)
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:23:38 -0700

Terra Soft Solutions offers Linuxcare for Expert Technical Support

Fort Collins, Colorado-22 March 1999

Terra Soft Solutions, developer of Yellow Dog Linux for Apple Macintosh G3s, today announced its affiliation with LinuxCare, one of the worlds' finest phone, web, and email-based support center's for Linux users.

"When we go live, we will offer a very complete package that rivals more established Linux distributions," states Kai Staats, CEO Terra Soft Solutions. The informative YDL website offers an elegant online shopping cart where customers will be able to purchase YDL CDs, installation manual and support, a unique portfolio case, rackmount equipment, and now Linuxcare Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum service packages.

Arthur F. Tyde III, CEO of Linuxcare, brings with him an extensive background in the design and implementation of phone support centers. Born of the world's largest Linux user's group, Linuxcare's experience is already unsurpassed. Arthur F. Tyde, states "The innovative approach of the Yellow Dog team is refreshing. We are pleased to be working with them and their future customers."

Linuxcare draws from a worldwide network of Linux developers and experts to offer unparalleled Linux support services, including 24X7 enterprise-class support programs. By focusing exclusively on Linux, they've been able to put together a team of people that have the technical depth required to satisfy the demands of enterprise customers while retaining the innovative culture that made Linux a runaway success.

"While we are providing a thorough install manual and in-house installation support, we know there ia a very real need to also provide ongoing support for our customers. We believe this is the best solution we can offer the owners of Yellow Dog Linux," states Kai Staats, CEO TSS.

For more information about Yellow Dog Linux:
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 (un)subscribe: http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/ydl_support.html

About Linuxcare
Linuxcare, based in San Fransisco, CA, is committed to maximize their customers success in enterprise markets by providing world-class commercial linux support, consulting, and education services. LinuxCare's exclusive focus on Linux technologies and solutions and its access to a world wide network of qualified Linux engineers makes it the premier choice for Linux Support Services.

More information about Linuxcare is available at www.linuxcare.com.

About Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
Terra Soft, based in Fort Collins, CO, is the developer of Yellow Dog Linux for Apple Macintosh PPC/G3 computers. Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server, their flagship product, is a highly professional distribution geared toward ISPs and developers. It is offered with a printed book, unique binder, and portfolio case.

More information about TSS is available at www.terrasoftsolutions.com.