[yellowdog-announce] Yellow Dog "Ruff Pack" Beta Program Unveiled: Press Release 11 November 1999

Subject: [yellowdog-announce] Yellow Dog "Ruff Pack" Beta Program Unveiled: Press Release 11 November 1999
From: Kai Staats (kstaats@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 05:48:00 MST

YELLOW DOG LINUX "RUFF PACK" COMMUNITY BETA PROGRAM UNVEILED

LOVELAND, Colorado.--11 November 1999--Terra Soft Solutions Inc., developer
of the Yellow Dog Linux Operating System for Apple Macintosh and IBM
RS/6000 systems, today announced an initiative to give developers in the
Linux community access to next generation Yellow Dog Linux technology
through a new beta program entitled "Ruff Pack".

"Our users drive the development of our products through feedback with our
staff and developers, and now with the Ruff Pack beta program, users can
directly affect future versions of Yellow Dog Linux," said Kai Staats, CEO
of Terra Soft.

Terra Soft will help facilitate community development by providing public
ftp access to the latest builds, anonymous cvs access, and a new
development mailing list and website featuring a bug tracking system.
Yellow Dog Linux Ruff Pack and its website will be launched on December 1st.

Staats continues, "One of our main goals is to ensure that PowerPC Linux
gains momentum, recognition, and respect. By providing a means for users to
get more involved in the shaping of their operating system, we can improve
the awareness of PowerPC Linux and consistently offer a superior product."

In addition to the unveiling of Yellow Dog Linux Ruff Pack, Terra Soft will
merge beta-versions of their new graphical user interface framework--at
the center of the anticipated installer, system configuration, and
administration tools to debut with the upcoming release of Yellow Dog Linux
"Gone Home"--into the Ruff Pack development tree for public testing before
the final product ships.

"We're really excited about the technologies that are going to be
introduced with Gone Home. Through Yellow Dog Linux Ruff Pack, we hope to
iron-out any remaining bugs and incorporate additional features based on
the feedback and support of our user community," said Dan Burcaw, Chief
Technology Officer of Terra Soft.

Yellow Dog Linux Gone Home is expected to be available in early 2000. Gone
Home places an emphasis on ease-of-use and productivity.

About Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
Based in Loveland, CO, Terra Soft is the developer of Yellow Dog Linux for
Apple Power Macintosh and IBM RS/6000 systems. Champion Server, their
flagship product, is a highly professional distribution geared toward a
wide range of network applications such as ISPs, corporate intra/extranets,
web and network servers. Terra Soft is pleased to offer Black Lab Linux
Workstations and Clusters through their national distributor Pinacor.

For more information visit www.yellowdoglinux.com and www.blacklablinux.com