Re: Thought for Tasties CD

Subject: Re: Thought for Tasties CD
From: Bill Fink (billfink@capu.net)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 23:03:15 MDT

> On Tue Apr 17 2001, Hollis R Blanchard wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Jason McIntosh wrote:
> >
> > Just a thought, as I just got it to work, how about the LiViD OMS stuff?
> > As most Mac's have DVD players now, having a DVD player for linux would be
> > handy, particularly since as of last note, OS X didn't even have one.
>
> If you can provide a pointer to a .src.rpm that compiles under the YDL2 rpm
> set then I will be happy to add it personally. :)

At this point in their respective development, I prefer xine over oms.
I just uploaded xine 0.4.01 source and PPC binary RPMs that include
Henry Worth's 2, 2a, and 2b patches and my fps patch to the incoming
directory at ftp.linuxppc.org. I've never done this before, but I
guess if they're accepted, they will show up shortly in the contrib
area. I've never put together an RPM package before either, but hopefully
it's OK. The PPC binary RPM requires at least XFree86-4.0.1 and was
built with Xv support enabled. It would be interesting to know if the
source RPM builds and runs OK on YDL 2.0.

                                                -Bill