[ANN] Keyboard table for uk iBook2001

Subject: [ANN] Keyboard table for uk iBook2001
From: Ken Moffat (ken@kenmoffat.uklinux.net)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 13:28:31 MDT

I've now posted a revised (console) keytable (and separate file for the
numeric keypad) to my website at http:www.kenmoffat.uklinux.net/downloads
in the file uk_Book2001.kmap.tar.gz .

All the keys now work, and I've included the standard latin1 compose
definitions - some of these, such as compose 1 2 for 1/2 work on the
latin1 character set, others such as the euro symbol and compose o e
for the oe character work on the latin0/latin9 character set.

I've mapped command/apple to alt-gr, and alt + alt-gr to compose.

This is specifically for this year's iBook with a uk keyboard, but I'd be
interested to know if it is appropriate to the previous iBook, or indeed
to any other apple machines with a uk keyboard. The modifications to the
numeric keypad should work for all 2001 iBooks (I'm guessing I had to do
this because the numlock key doesn't generate a keypress signal for
itself).

All feedback gratefully received before I push this to the keyb and
console-tools maintainers. I'm only subscribed to linuxppc-user, so please
cc me on any replies to the other lists.

Thanks, Ken

--
   Never drink more than two pangalacticgargleblasters !
Home page : http://www.kenmoffat.uklinux.net