Re: kde 2.2 were coming soon?

Subject: Re: kde 2.2 were coming soon?
From: Kevin B. Hendricks (khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 08:25:15 MDT

Hi Dan,

grep seems to work fine. The problem is that some of the lines to be
stripped out have the path name in double quotes like this line:

%attr(-,root,root) "/usr/bin/kcheckpass"

But the grep command is telling it to strip out /bin/checkpass only when it
occurs at the end of the text line (that is what the $ does in grep).

The line in question does not meet that critieria since the double quote (")
is actually at the end of the line.

Further down in the file you sent to me you will see lines without double
quotes.

%attr(-,root,root) /usr/lib/libtaskbarextension.so

My guess is that the problem is an inadvertant set of quotes placed somewhere
earlier in the spec file (probably to support spaces in paths).

You could try editing the spec file to look like the following:

Previously it said:

cat $RPM_BUILD_DIR/file.list.%{name} |grep -v '/bin/kdesud$' |

Make it say:

cat $RPM_BUILD_DIR/file.list.%{name} | tr -d '"' |grep -v '/bin/kdesud$' |

This will strip out the double quotes before entering the grep pipe and all
should be fine. The only thing that may mess it up might be pathnames with
spaces.

If you send me the entire .spec file I will check it to see where the extra
quotes come from.

Also, another solution might be to duplicate every one of the grep -v
commands that ends with $ to also strip out that same line ending with "$

That will also work but it would mean adding the following lines to the grep
command

| grep -v '/usr/bin"$' \
| grep -v '/usr/lib"$' \
| grep -v '/usr/share"$' \
| grep -v '/usr"$' \
| grep -v '/usr/sbin"$' \
| grep -v '/usr/share"$' \
| grep -v '/usr/bin/konsole_grantpty"$' \
| grep -v '/usr/X11R6/lib"$' \
| grep -v '/usr/X11R6"$' \

Before it gets redirected into the output file.

Let me know if either of these solutions does not do the trick.

Hope this helps.

Kevin