Accessing global symbols from shared library

Subject: Accessing global symbols from shared library
From: Tim Moloney (moloney@mrsl.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 12:16:35 MST

I am currently trying to port a Solaris application to Linux. The
Solaris application dynamically loads custom shared libraries which
can access symbols in the main executable. This is not a clean
design, but it works. From what I've seen so far, the Linux
runtime loader does not allow a shared library to access symbols in
the main executable.

If someone knows of a linker switch or something that allows shared
libraries to access global symbols, please let me know.

Tim Moloney

ManTech Real-time Systems Laboratory
2015 Cattlemen Road
Sarasota, FL 34232