CD audio problem

Subject: CD audio problem
From: Derick Centeno (aguila@macol.net)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 21:23:01 MST

Hollis:
In answer to your question I use YDL Champion 1.2 on a 233MHz
MiniTower with 64MG RAM on a HD with capacity of 20G. The hardware
functions well on the Mac side and when a audio CD is put in
everything works. The only change is when the Gnome environment is
finally up and running. No CD audio music.

Regarding what you have called the conf.modules file: Recall that I
referred to the YDL site you pointed me to, and reported in my letter
of 1/26/01 that according to the instructions then posted the file
should have been the "modules.conf" file. I thereby changed the name
of the file accordingly and included the string "alias sound
dmasound", in that file - without quotes, of course. Your reply to
that letter mentioned that you updated "the page" but it was unclear
to me whether your instructions had changed as a result of some
re-evaluation and/or that I should change the filename of the
modules.conf file back to the name conf.modules...

The file remains currently as modules.conf unless this can be cleared up.
Thanks again. Derick.