Re: Status of next release of YDL?

Subject: Re: Status of next release of YDL?
From: Bryan Stillwell (bstill@terraplex.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 15:28:26 MST

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 04:14:14PM -0600, Jason McIntosh wrote:
>Has anyone done anything on creation of a yaboot installation program? I
>noticed that distinct problem when i reinstalled 1.2.1 It wouldn't be
>that hard to mount a given drive, put yaboot and associated files in
>there, and do something (if nothing else, print it by hand) to add into OF
>for booting purposes. I found that mildly irritating, particularly since
>that idiotic OS 9 was locked, and wouldn't let me unzip yaboot and other
>associated utils.

I believe what you're looking for is Ethan Benson's ybin:

http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/ybin/

We haven't really talked much about, but we'll probably be including it
in YDL 2.0.

Bryan

--
  Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.           | Software Engineer
  http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/   | bstill@terraplex.com