Newbie with imac Major problems!!

Subject: Newbie with imac Major problems!!
From: Millennium (millennium@bendnet.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 02:09:50 MST

Hi I'm new to Linux and yellow dog and I just baught the CD from CheapBytes and Installed now i'm getting a None stop error

-- Stats
Imac 233 Blue First Edtion with Ethernet No other os! Just Yellow Dog
Using the Office/Home Install Using the Lastest Build of Yellow dog

----
Keeps Telling me that
Goes acts like it's running the Linux Kernal Runs And then Goes Black... Stays for about 30 Secs Then Flashes It REALLY Fast And Only for a few Secs And The same error Even tho i formated it 15 times Trying to get it to work

/var/run/gdm.pid gdm was already running (4477)

gdm.pid is running or has been Murdered ??? I can't even get to A prompt to Even type anything to try to Even get close to repair it i"ve tryed to Tell it not to boot anything Using the interactive Startup and Still Nothing It Just keeps Refreshing it And Flashing the Same error message over and Over

Can anyone help me???
Millennium @ Planet-df .com :-p
if u can it would help a LOT!

Thankz - M2k