Re: Problem installing

Subject: Re: Problem installing
From: Jason McIntosh (jwm05c@mizzou.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 12:29:30 MDT

Ok, the way X works at least config wise is you have a file
/etc/X11/XF86Config and for newer systems XF86Config-4
(depending on distro and lot of other nonsense - different dists using
different files, and I'm not sure off the top of my head that YDL works
one way or another. In other words, I'm pretty sure YDL uses the file
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 but it could also use /etc/X11/XF86Config - this
depends entirely on your system - try the -4 file, but if not, just use
the regular file).

I'm just going to post the instructs on my website: - it's a little messy
and hasn't been updated in a year so I'll point you straight to it.
http://www.missouri.edu/~jwm05c/computers/linux/dual_head.html
I'd just ask give me a day or two to get it all up there. My XF86Config
file should already be there - I've just got to post the instructs.
Cheers!
Jason

| Jason McIntosh | CELL: 573-424-7612 |
| Webmaster, thinker, etc. | WORK: 573-884-3865 |
| http://web.missouri.edu/~c717990/ | |
|"How should I know if it works? That's what beta testers are |
|for. I only coded it." |
|(Attributed to Linus Torvalds, somewhere in a posting) |