Re: libgcj

Subject: Re: libgcj
From: Derick Centeno (aguila@macol.net)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 09:55:21 MST

Greetings:
Would anyone know where I would find libgcj? It doesn't seem to be on
the YDL CDs.
Anyone have an idea where to find it?

Also I tracked down links from the YDL site regarding compiling,
upgrading, etc. linux
and found out that its really pc specific. It doesn't consider the
existence of yup or that yup has installed many, if not all the things
one is instructed to look for,
what it doesn't include is so glaring that I'm questioning why YDL uses
it as a link.
Indeed, following it really messed up my system to the point that I had
to reinstall linux from the YDL CD's.

It would have been simpler, for me, and less time consuming, again for
me, to go to the YDL find a paragraph or two of instructions as opposed
to several pages of details which are extraneous to my intended task.

Maybe its my suspicious nature, but I wonder if TerraSoft Sol. provided
that link by Sarup just to show it's clients what it is saving it's
clients from?

I'll check back for a response. Thanks ahead of time, for any direction
I can get on these or related points.