Re: [suse-ppc] DFP support for kernel radeonfb.c added

Subject: Re: [suse-ppc] DFP support for kernel radeonfb.c added
From: Kevin Hendricks (khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 11:32:45 MST

Hi,

Your radeon.h file is out of sync with radeonfb.c.

Please use Ani's or Ben's latest. They have both made other fixes since
what I sent that should help.

You can probably get Ben's driver from his rsync site and I think you
will have to ask Ani for his latest driver 0.1.3 or later. Either one
would be better than mine.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

On Monday, November 26, 2001, at 01:25 PM, <suse-ben@e9000.de> wrote:

> Am 14.11.2001 18:48:40, schrieb "Kevin B.Hendricks"
> <khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Okay, with lots of help from Ani and Ben and starting with Ani's most
>> recent radeon code which worked for LCDs and with a lot of testing on
>> my
>> Apple Flat Panel 17 connected to a Radeon Mac Edition card on the dvi
>> port
>> with a dviAtor adapter, I now have the DFP support for radeon frame
>> buffer
>> working well including parsing of the EDID block from OF.
>>
>> To control all of this, I have added two additional options to the
>> kernel
>> parameters passed to radeonfb.c
>>
>> of_edid - which means look in the OF device tree in /proc
>> and grab the detailed timings from the EDID block
>>
>> dfp - overrides the monitor detection and set MT_DFP
>>
>> lcd - overrides the monitor detection and set MT_LCD
>>

>> So my kernel line in yaboot.conf looks like the following:
>>
>> append="video=radeon:of_edid,dfp"
>>
> ..
>> Have fun!
>>
>> Kevin
>>

> hi kevin!
>
> i've got problems to compile your files into my kernel!
>
> got the new powerbook g4 with radeon in it
> thought your sources could help me
> but my make doesn't get enough informations from menuconfig for
> compiling the radeon sources
> i use version 2.4.12 the only sources running on the powerbook
>
> can you help me?
>
> greetings from ben
>
> got such errors like
> radeonfb.c:76 'PCI_DEVICE_ID_RADEON_VE' undeclared here (not in a
> function)
> radeonfb.c:645: 'PCI_DEVICE_ID_RADEON_VE' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> radeonfb.c: In function 'radeon_find_rom'
> radeonfb.c:804: warning unused variable 'radeon_sig'
> 'aty_rom_sig'
> 'i'
> 'stage'
> 'rom'
> 'rom_base'
> segstart'

----
Kevin B. Hendricks
Associate Professor of Operations and Information Technology
Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
London Ontario, CANADA  N6A 3K7
khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca