Re: [xfree accel bug] Re: 24 bitplanes in X? (openh323 videoconf) (fwd)

Subject: Re: [xfree accel bug] Re: 24 bitplanes in X? (openh323 videoconf) (fwd)
From: Kostas Gewrgiou (gewrgiou@imbc.gr)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 12:09:07 MST

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Dan Burcaw wrote:

> Jim,
>
> Brad has a lombard and he's seeing nasty stuff too. I've emailed him to
> see if X is core dumping at certain resolutions for him as well..

 Well 16bpp are *not* supposed to work anymore, atyfb doesn't support
depth 16 only 15, remember the jdk problems and the mach64something errors
from the xserver at 16bpp some time ago ?
 Me and Kevin Hendricks fixed the 16/15 depth problems, but unfortunately the
Xserver was left to coredump if you asked for an unsupported depth :(
I don't have an aty card anymore (and i don't use xfree3.3.x either) so i
can't fix this now :(...

 Kevin also switched the depth from 32 to 24 (no idea why he did that actually)
i think that you might be able to get both 24 and 32 depths working with a
couple of changes, 16bpp on the other hand isn't going to work since atyfb
dosn't support it. A fix for the coredumps will be nice btw :)

  Kostas Gewrgiou