Re: Compiler errors

Subject: Re: Compiler errors
From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt (bh40@calva.net)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 03:05:16 MST

On Mon, Feb 21, 2000, Jim Cole <greyleaf@yggdrasill.net> wrote:

>What version of the gcc compiler is being used for the stuff in CVS? I am
>using the 2.95.2-1g rpm and receiving internal compiler errors while
>trying to build xfig. Seems that a for statement is not longer valid C ;)

I don't know if it's fixing the same error, but franz posted a compiler
that fixes an ICE when building recent kernels this week-end:

---------------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------------
CC: Paul Mackerras <paulus@linuxcare.com>

Hi,

I've made gcc rev. 1i, fixing the ICE in compiling 2.3.47. It contains the
official fix backported to gcc-2.95.2.

You can download from the usual place:

ftp://devel.linuxppc.org/users/fsirl/R5/RPMS/ppc/

Franz.