Re: Challange

Subject: Re: Challange
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 22:01:52 MST

Dan Burcaw's bits of Sun, 27 Feb 2000 translated to:

>> Do you want *all* URL kdelnk's to use netscape? If so, then you should be
>> able to edit the global mime types and set the binding for text/html to
>> use netscape as the default app.
>

>> If you want something more selective, you can cheat and create an
>> Application kdelnk with Exec set to netscape <url>
>> (e.g. Exec=netscape www.yahoo.com)
>
>Shoot, you came up with the two solutions I did. :)
So? Do we split the quarter? ;)

>Which do you suggest?
Seems that most kde users will be accustomed to links coming up in kfm. It
might be confusing if it did otherwise in all cases. And netscape really
is something of a pig in terms of resources. Not knowing exactly what you
have in mind, I would suggest just bringing up netscape for cases where it
is especially appropriate. Unless the functionality already exists, and we
just don't know about it, URL kdelnk's that support some sort of default
application field might be a cool wish list request for the KDE people.

Jim