Re: Xconfigurator

Subject: Re: Xconfigurator
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 23:52:44 MST

I gave it a try. It did write the correct information, however like every
version I have ever tried with this PowerBook, Xconfigurator flaked out
on me. When it tries its test, it tells me there is a problem with the
configuration and gives me the option to fix it. With the current version,
if I just tell it "ya, whatever" and accept the configuration, X comes up
fine when I do a startx.

Also, for whatever it matters, the display looks pretty ragged during
parts of the Xconfigurator run. Sort of like it is not drawing to certain
parts of the screen.

Jim

Dan Burcaw's bits of Tue, 29 Feb 2000 translated to: