Re: New Rage128 revision problems

Subject: Re: New Rage128 revision problems
From: Kevin Hendricks (khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 09:57:52 MST

Hi Yes,

I have the same problems even using XFree 4.0 Rage 128 drivers.

It seems the aty128fb.c kernel driver needs help to work with Rage128Pro cards
(which the O-F device tree reports mine as being).

I am trying to find a tool that will report video card timing info under MacOS
but to no avail.

Both Xpmac and XFree86 will probably need to be fixed.

Unfortunately if the Rage128Pro cards are significantly differnt from regular
Rage128 cards, I am SOL since I don't have any docs on them.

 On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, Troy
Benjegerdes wrote: > I've just installed on a new G4 for a customer, and it
seems like either > Apple or ATI reved the Rage128 in such a manner as to break
both Xpmac and > XF68-FBdev (with r128 accel) for both 15 and 24 bit color.

--

-- Kevin B. Hendricks Associate Professor of Operations and Information Technology Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario London, Ontario N6A-3K7 CANADA khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca, (519) 661-3874, fax: 519-661-3959