Re: ISO

Subject: Re: ISO
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 06:31:19 MST

Jim,

There might be an issue with the size of the image. Its a bit larger then
a standard CD-r. I'm trying to get one that is slightly under the limit of
a CD-r uploaded.

We've done installs with this image no problem, but cdrecord crapped out
on me with errors due to the size, so it may be an issue.

> Hi - Are there any known problems with the ISO at the metalab site? I
> down loaded, verified the checksum, burned it, and completed an install.
> However, after encountering a number of problems, I checked the
> install.log and discovered a bunch of errors and warnings. I am sure some
> are no big deal, but some certainly are, such as the failure to install
> things like binutils and enlightenment. Below are some of the problems I
> encountered. Any ideas?
>
> failed to open /etc/mtab: No such file or directory
> Installing basecfgs.
> Installing binutils.
> unpacking of archive failed: cpio: Bad/unreadable header
> Installing desktop-backgrounds.
> unpacking of archive failed: cpio: Bad magic
> Installing emacs.
> unpacking of archive failed: cpio: Bad magic
> Installing enlightenment.
> unpacking of archive failed on file
> /usr/share/enlightenment/E-docs/Edoc_bg.png: cpio: read failed - Success
> Installing ghostscript-fonts.
> unpacking of archive failed on file
> /usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript/bchr.pfa: cpio: read failed - No such
> file or directory
> Installing gnome-libs.
> group utmp does not exist - using root
> Installing gnome-libs-devel.
> unpacking of archive failed: cpio: Bad magic
> Installing gnome-linuxconf.
> Installing gnome-objc.
> grep: /etc/ld.so.conf: No such file or directory
> Installing gnome-objc-devel.
> Installing gnome-print.
> grep: /etc/ld.so.conf: No such file or directory
> Installing urw-fonts.
> /usr/sbin/chkfontpath: error in loading shared libraries: libpopt.so.0:
> execution of script failed
> Installing gnumeric.
> unpacking of archive failed: cpio: Bad magic
> Installing gpm.
> Installing gtk-engines.
> unpacking of archive failed: cpio: Bad magic
> Installing guile.
> ERROR: In procedure gsubr-apply in expression (scm-error (quote
> misc-error) #f ...):
> ERROR: Could not find slib/require.scm in ("/usr/share/guile/site"
> "/usr/share/guile/1.3" "/usr/share/guile" ".")
> execution of script failed
> Installing netatalk.
> warning: The DDP services appear to be present in /etc/services.
> warning: Please check them against services.atalk in the documentation.
> Installing xboard.
> install-info: warning: no info dir entry in `/usr/info/xboard.info.gz'

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/