Re: G4 compiler

Subject: Re: G4 compiler
From: Troy Benjegerdes (hozer@drgw.net)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 10:58:12 MST

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Reid Ellis wrote:

> > The GCC provided with YDL is decent at optimization..
> > Are you looking for something more specific, such as altivec support?
>
> Hm, would the recently-announced release of gcc code from Apple include this
> perhaps? That would be bonus.

No, actually, if you look on www.altivec.org, you'll find Motorola's
patches for Altivec support as well as RPMS I built of the alitvec-patched
compiler.

Troy Benjegerdes troy@blacklablinux.com hozer@drgw.net

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz