apache, perl, PHP3, MySQL

Subject: apache, perl, PHP3, MySQL
From: Christopher F. Baum (baum@bc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 07:19:09 MST

your YDL installation. Neither MySQL nor PHP3 are included. I posted to the
list a few weeks ago when I was trying to resolve this--getting Apache
configured with the PHP3 module goes beyond just installing binary RPMs,
and I had to finally download all the source for all three modules in order
to get them to play nicely together. That process took many hours of
fooling around, but I eventually got it all straightened out so that I can
Netscape to my YDL Apache and hit a page containing PHP3 code that extracts
via SQL from a MySQL database. Not rocket science, but far more difficult
that it ought to be.

Kit Baum
Boston College Economics
Kit Baum baum@bc.edu http://fmwww.bc.edu/ec-v/baum.fac.html