Re: XDM/GDM/KDM setup with Xpmac + options

Subject: Re: XDM/GDM/KDM setup with Xpmac + options
From: Kyle Wheeler (kw837498@oak.cats.ohiou.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 13:26:43 MDT

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Jeremy Knope wrote:
>
> > I'm just wondering how i can set up xdm,gdm or kdm to
> > startx -- -nomacgamma for my Xpmac server.. cuz
> > without tinkering and using one of the display
> > managers they won't do that and the gamma will be way
> > off forXpmac.. is there a way to get this right so i
> > can use the X login screens? thanks
> > -Jeremy
>
> For gdm, find the gdm.conf file, which is /etc/gdm/gdm.conf. Look for the
> [servers] section, and make it something like
>
> [servers]
> 0=/usr/bin/X11/X -nomacgamma vt7

For LinuxPPC it's in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf, and the line should be
0=/usr/X11R6/bin/X -nomacgamma

> This is what it would look like for Debian; for LinuxPPC or YellowDog you
> may have a different X binary and may want to leave out vt7, but that's
> where you put the X options. I imagine xdm and kdm are similar.

XDM and KDM use the same configuration files - in /etc/X11/xdm. For this
situation, you'd need /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers. There's only one line in it:
/usr/X11R6/bin/X
Give that the appropriate arguments (-nomacgamma) and you should be set.

Hope that helps,
~Kyle Wheeler