Re: xview

Subject: Re: xview
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 02:57:26 MDT

Dan's bits of Thu, 27 Apr 2000 translated to:

>I'm trying to install a package originally written for SunOS using xview. The
>install instructions say to set a variable in the Makefile to specify the path
>to the xview directory. xview (as a symlink to xloadimage) exists in
>/usr/X11R6/bin so I'm guessing that something hat is at least partially

I don't believe /usr/X11R6/bin/xview has anything to do with xview as
you are referring to it. The XView that came from Sun is a user-interface
tool kit that consists of some libraries and header files.

>capably of xview functionality is there. I've had a look at the debian site
>where they have the xviewg libraries (for i386). What do I need to do re:
>getting any necessary xviewg libraries and re: letting make know where the
>xview directory is?

I am not aware of an XView port being included in the YDL distributions,
but then again I have never made a point of looking for it ;)

Jim